WHAT'S IN THESE TERMS?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our website www.mrswordsmith.com (our “Site”), make contact with other users on our Site, link to our Site, or interact with our Site in any other way.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Our Site is operated by Mrs Wordsmith Limited ("we" or "us"). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 09483252. Our registered office is at 1st Floor, Buckhurst House, 42/44 Buckhurst Avenue, Sevenoaks, Kent, United Kingdom, TN13 1LZ. Our main trading address is 31 Clerkenwell Close, Clerkenwell, London, EC1R 0AT.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
By using our Site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Site. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on January 11, 2018.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE
Our Site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
You may not access without authority, interfere with, damage or otherwise disrupt any:
- part of our Site;
- equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- software used in the provision of our Site; or
- equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
The following Content Standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site ("Contribution"), and to any interactive services or tools associated with it.
These Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;/li>
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Mrs Wordsmith where this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other websites.
BREACH OF THIS POLICY
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use our Site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law;
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.