Your day isn’t epic until you’ve learned a new word #epicwordaday
Mrs Wordsmith will be launching their Teacher Ambassador, Word a Day Campaign.
Mrs Wordsmith is a team of artists, game designers, writers, data scientists, teachers, and researchers, all on a joint mission to teach every child in the world more epic words through books and apps.
Children today are exposed to mind-blowing entertainment on a daily basis, and yet literacy has remained firmly rooted in the past, stuck in a cycle of outdated and uninspiring content. Until now, that is. We are bringing Hollywood-quality animation, state-of-the-art game design, data-driven curation, and research-backed pedagogy to word learning, to inspire a generation.
The world is made of epic words and epic words can change the world. This forms the basis of everything we do. We teach vocabulary sourced from global curriculum lists to make sure that kids learn the essentials, but we don’t stop there. Our words help foster modern values and accelerate their potential in the world today - socially, emotionally, and academically.
We want every child in every city to go on a word learning adventure, and for you to join us in building this word-learning community. We believe that a child’s day isn’t epic until they’ve learnt a new word. You can help us make that happen.
It takes a village to raise an epic reader. #epicreader
Mrs Wordsmith Ambassadors are passionate educators who believe in the power of community. They have a desire to share ideas, unlock a love of words, and to help improve education. Teacher Ambassadors believe that every child in the world is capable of reading and writing above their reading age, if they have the right tools.
Data shows that if parents and teachers collaborate, children have a better chance at academic success.
Being a Teacher Ambassador with us provides teachers with the FREE resources they need to use gamified materials and animation to teach children a rich vocabulary and improve their overall academic performance. Teacher Ambassadors can also empower parents to develop their child’s vocabulary. By bringing the home and the classroom together, you can improve each child’s confidence, as well as overall class results.
As part of our extended team, ambassadors will receive all the support they need to become a Mrs Wordsmith Word Learning Expert. There are a limited number of places open each year and each ambassador is hand-selected by the Mrs Wordsmith Team.
- Be part of the most exciting - and first - visual word a day channel on Instagram
- Exclusive discounts for Epic Word Adventure app coming October 15th and sneak previews
- Special educator discounts off our books
- Exclusive Epic Word Adventure competitions for your class to win books, design and name and avatars costumes, scooters and props for the app
- Access to our research
- Special discounts on Mrs Wordsmith books for parents of kids at your school
- Monthly email including our FREE vocabulary rich monthly magazine for the classroom and teaching resources for the class
- Monthly exclusive email explanation of how to use the channel most effectively
Teacher Ambassadors will be expected to:
- Become an ambassador for Mrs Wordsmith’s NEW Instagram Word a day channel
- Serve as an expert resource to other teachers at your school, sharing the benefits of the campaign
- Share the FREE word a day with the class, parents and teachers
- Help new teachers get started and encourage them to follow our Instagram channel and participate
- Help parents and older children find our Instagram channel so they follow it themselves
- Inspire parents to follow the channel and share with their kids
- Share Epic Word a Day on social media and build the global community with Mrs Wordsmith
- Proudly share on your profile that you a Mrs Wordsmith ambassador so others can reach out to you for advice on Word a Day
- You must be a teacher at an accredited school and be on Instagram to join
Research has shown that there is a strong link between spaced repetition maintained both at home and at school, and improved academic performance. The more teachers and parents work together, the higher chance of a child’s academic success. Parents play a central role in maintaining strong home/school relationships. When parents are in tune with what their child is learning at school, they can help to reinforce it at home. Parents can use words that their child has learned at school in everyday conversation. This kind of involvement gives parents a more meaningful role in their child’s education, and is proven by research to increase academic achievement.
Mrs Wordsmith’s Epic Word Adventure builds and nurtures a word-learning community of parents, teachers, and children that is truly transformative.
Join our campaign to teach a new word to every child, in every school around the world, every day. #epic teacher